A postdoctoral position in computational cancer biology is available at Quebec Heart and Lung Institute Research Center (IUCPQ) in the labs of Dr. Venkata Manem and Dr. Philippe Joubert. We seek a highly motivated individual with a track-record of Machine Learning/Deep Learning model development applied to healthcare data. The successful candidate will address developing and applying Machine Learning/Deep Learning algorithms to extract relevant biological insights from imaging and pathological data of lung cancer patients. The candidate will have access to computational infrastructures and will establish collaborations with experts in different disciplines. The position is offered for an initial one year with a possibility of extension to another year.
Responsibilities: The main objective of this project is to develop Artificial Intelligence-based biomarkers to improve the clinical management of lung cancer patients, specifically, i) Immunotherapy and computational pathology: Development of predictive biomarkers of immunotherapy response utilizing imaging data and prognostic biomarkers including pathological digitalized images; ii) Lung cancer detection: Development of novel biomarkers integrating metabolite profiles with imaging data for lung cancer detection. These projects will leverage the unique multi-OMICS datasets (genomics, medical images, pathological slides and immune profiles) generated at IUCPQ in lung cancer.
• PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or other related fields
• Highly motivated and self-driven candidate who thinks independently
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative research environment
• Expertise in Machine Learning/Deep Learning
• Strong programming experience (R, Python, or other languages for research)
• Experience with high performance computing infrastructure
• Strong publication record
• Ability to write and publish results in scientific journals
• Present research outcomes at various scientific forums
To apply, please submit your application with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• Curriculum Vitae
• Names and email addresses of three references
• Two representative publications or preprints (if available)
The position will be located at the IUCPQ. We offer a full-time contract, a highly stimulating research environment with necessary computing infrastructure.
Duration: Temporary and 1-year. Renewable for the second year
Salary: A competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate. The annual salary plus benefits will be given according to the Laval university postdoctoral fellow collective agreement.
Starting date: Spring 2021.